I know we’ve all been here – you’re posting consistent content, showing up on Stories, testing out Reels and despite your best efforts… you’re just not seeing any significant Instagram growth.
And while follower count is NOT the most important metric we should be measuring to gauge our success, it’s okay to want to grow your following in order to reach more people with your business. There’s no shame in that game!
So if you’re ready to understand WHY you’re not seeing consistent Instagram growth, today I’m sharing a few tough love reasons you may be unknowingly facing.
Tune in to the episode here:
5 Tough Love Reasons You’re Not Seeing Instagram Growth
1. You’re not being consistent
The biggest mistake I see that holds business owners back from growing on Instagram is a lack of consistency. While you don’t have to post every single day, you do have to find a schedule that works for you and stick to it.
Whether that’s showing up on Stories 5 days per week, and 2 Feed posts per week; 3 Stories and 3 Feed posts per week; or anything else in between is totally up to you! Finding a consistent schedule you can stick with will allow you to truly see what’s working and what’s not working. From there, you’ll be able to hone in on your strategy and show up more if it’s aligned for you!
2. You’re not posting Instagram content that resonates
Are you tuning in to what content is making the most impact for your audience? This is so important to our Instagram growth, because we need that understanding of what’s working and what’s not working!
Take stock each month of what your top posts were and make notes of the following:
- What type of post was it? Was it a Reel, Carousel, Image, IGTV, or video?
- What was the visual? Was it an image of you, a stock photo, a quote, or a Canva graphic?
- What was your caption? Was it long and in-depth or short and sweet?
- What type of content was it? Was it educational, relatable or promotional?
Use this information to see what’s working, and post more of that in the future!
P.S. Struggling with content creation? Grab my FREE Content Creation Bundle here!
3. You’re stuck posting just one type of content
I like to think of Instagram content in 3 overarching categories: authority, community and promotion.
- Authority is primarily to nurture your audience, establish yourself as an industry leader and prime your audience to understand why they need your offers
- Community posts are meant to engage your audience, build rapport and foster relationships
- Promotional posts are more of the “hard sell” posts where you’re directly pitching your offers, and sharing the benefits and pain points it solves.
It’s so important to have a balance with these 3 types! If not, you could be constantly nurturing your audience to the point of overwhelm and lack of implementation OR constantly selling to the point that your audience is tuning you out.
Check out my 3-Day Instagram Growth Series!
4. You’re not engaging
In order to get engagement, you have to give engagement! Are you seeking out other Instagram accounts and strategically engaging with them to build connection and community?
I recommend seeking out profiles of your ideal follower or customer, and also looking for accounts that might be aligned in other ways. This could include accounts that are similar to yours, accounts that you could potentially collaborate with, or just accounts you enjoy!
Leave genuine comments and start conversations in the DMs to start building these connections. And also make sure to always respond to all comments and messages that you receive!
5. Your mindset doesn’t support your growth
I know this probably sounds totally unrelated to Instagram growth, but your mindset has an impact on everything!
We have to have a positive mindset and be willing to put the work in, in order to see results. If we’re stuck in a limiting mindset that nothing will help us reach that end-goal of growing on Instagram, then we won’t be as willing to put the work in.
Make sure your mindset is on point and supports your growth!
Which of these may be holding you back from growing on Instagram? Leave a comment and let me know!